Monday, May 22, 2006

Hey There Knitting World. This is my first Blog ever And I welcome any veteran blogger for help in enhancing my blog.
First I'd like to take some time as to why I decided to blog today and a little about myself. I am from NY however Very far upstate, actually Central NY so any one in the CNY area also interested in KNitting I would love to hear from you to know what local things we can offer. I'm in my late 20's and started knitting approx. 3 and 1/2 years ago. I took a class at my local A.C Moore after failed attepmts with my mom and great aunt. I have known how to Crochet since I was 9 and doa lot of different needlecrafts. I have my B.A. in theatre, backstage no glamorous actress here. I also minored in Psychology and love compairing my knitting to many different things about psychology.
OK why I'm trying to blog and I apologize for rambling. First I finished my first pair of Socks today, even though they look a little off I love them. Next I was in my local Michael's and a women in her 50's or even older asked me, yes ME, what was a seed stitch and I knew exactly how to answer. 3 years ago I would have had a dull, blank look on my face and been like I have no idea. But I told her with ease, You knit 1 purl1 and in the next row you knit into your purled stitches and pulr into the knitted stiches.
She opened the ball band of some lion brand suede and there is was just what I told her. She was so appreciative, and I explained I did a swatch in the same thing she was buying and I think she'll like it. She was so sweet and I felt so good. I got home finished the toe of my sock and had a great day, given the fact that I have not been feeling great do to woes at work.
I hope I haven't borde any1 and I hope to hear from people soon.
Thanks NYGURLKNITS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home